Green on Greens
Salad is tricky. It can be painfully boring and tasteless, or it can be a meticulous chore to put together. Here's an easy, simple, healthy salad that is a go-to of mine when I want to feel satisfied. All plants. And did I mention it's delicious?
Here's what's in it...
- Romaine: So crispy crunchy! And did you know that a head of romaine lettuce has 108 calories and 8 grams of protein?! Now ya know!
- Green Onions: These=flavor! Scallions are amazing because they are so flavorful, yet so subtle with their onion-y-ness. Adding them to a salad turns a boring bowl of leaves into a savory meal.
- Green Olives: Salty, briney olives. I love 'em and you should too! They're packed with vitamin E and antioxidants that qualify them as a superfood.
- Avocado: There are very few salads that I wouldn't put avocado on. Avo is just a perfect food! It eats like a creamy dreamy indulgence, but it's a nutritious bomb of goodness. AND, the healthy fats in avocados help your body absorb all of the other nutrients you're eating!
- Pepitas: Aka, pumpkin seeds. These little gems of goodness add a delicious crunch and pack a high protein, high fiber punch! They are also lower in calories and cheaper than nuts!
Topped with my quick homemade creamy tahini dressing. Just tahini, vinegar, water, salt & pep.